Thursday, August 23, 2012

Back from San Diego. Pleasantly exhausted.

I was gone 6 days, two of which were spent air traveling/airport stress, two of which were spent teaching nonstop, and the other two were spent visiting Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, and the Birch Aquarium with my very congenial hostess, Rajam Roose, who also co-organized the workshop, so I could introduce dermoneuromodulation to massage therapists.

We also walked the halls of the university in La Jolla, where Ramachandran roams. We didn't want to disturb him, obviously, but we saw the door to his office, and quite a thrill it was, I must say.

The tourist destinations involved miles and miles of walking. The zoo in particular is huge. We walked steadily, for  four and a half hours, with lots of hill and stair climbing. Together we estimated we walked about ten miles at the zoo alone.

But it was soooooooo worth it! We saw the baby jaguars, the huge silverback gorilla, and... well, everything else that lives there, actually.

No wonder I'm absolutely exhausted today.
Good thing I booked myself off a hermit day today. I'm too tired to even unload pictures I took. Maybe later..

No comments: